Subject: Tina's binoculars
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:45:45 -0500

Paul Schliesser  wrote:

<<<<<The reason that I was gently teasing Tina about her Leica binoculars
is that she won them at the seminar we were both at in Maine, hosted by Ted
Grant>>>>>>>>>

Hi all Leica LUG Folks!

Paul beat me to it! :)

Let me tell you, even though we don't hear from her enough,  Tina Manley is
a photographer of wonderful talent, not because of the image she won the
top award for at the Leica Seminar in Maine, but for the portfolio of her
work she had with her.

B&W images that just turned you inside out with admiration!

She had print after print that would leave many, just dying to be half as
good. Her ability in capturing people she photographed with such warmth,
emotion and the incredible use of available existing light is truly a gift
of fine talent!

Those of you who have taken the time to look at her web page and realize
her ability,  should be so lucky as Paul, other LUGNUTS and myself to have
seen her Leica captured prints.

This is one talented photographer!  Who with her ability to see lifes
little moments, reacts and captures them with a Leica using only the magic
of available light, just makes you want to look and look again at her work.

I say this with honest admiration. Even though we only had but a few
minutes to look at her photographs, in those minutes it was obvious this
photographer and warm hearted Southern Lady, is something special!

Talent we all could be envious of. A warmth of personality we could all
use!

Tina is one fine photographer and lady! I would love to shoot along side
her any day! And she would make me worry as a competitor!:)

A pleasure to have shaken her hand and seen her "for real prints!"

Thanks a bunch for being there Tina! :)  See you later!

ted