Subject: Re: I need M lens suggestions....28...or 90?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 04:23:41 GMT

At 19:32 06/11/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Joe, and all:
>When I first got into the "M" system, I purchased a "different
>outfit"...I decided I needed a lot of spread so...I first picked up a
>50mm, then a 21mm, and finally a 135mm. This was certainly not a
>popular-type outfit to purchase "piece-meal" on the second-hand
>market... so...IT WAS VERY REASONABLE! Just because everyone else gets
>the 35-50-90 system...DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
>THE DISCIPLINE OF "MAKING" THESE THREE FOCAL LENGTHS WORK... was one of
>the best things in forcing me to "cut out the crap" and start SEEING
>pictures!
>Cordially,
>Jack Hamilton
>Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

There would be one clear advantage to using a 21-50-135 outfit- there would
never be any doubt about which lens was used for a particular shot!

I was filing some negative sheets tonight and I wish I'd labelled them when
I developed them; on some of them (which I have left in a pile for a few
months- another habit that has to go) I can't remember what lens was used
any more, and in some cases I can't even remember what system! I have
several 50mm lenses which doesn't help matters...

Just out of curiosity, how long were you using just that 21-50-135 lens kit?

Joe Berenbaum