Subject: Re: I need M lens suggestions....28...or 90?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 22:32:15 GMT

At 08:55 07/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> me, look quite different, and I greatly prefer that angle of view for a
>> moderate wideangle. The landscapes I do with a 28 don't work with a 35-
>> it
>> just isn't quite wide enough to do what I want to. I'm now doing 90% of
>> my M
>> photography with just a 28 and a 50.
>> Joe Berenbaum
>
>joe, whatever works for you - but if you are doing a lot of landscapes,
>have you considered moving to 4 x 5?
>steven
>
>ps; 28 & 50 only - which body works best for this kit? i'm an m3 guy...

Yes, I've considered it, but I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome quite
severely and I just can't do that much physical manipulation. I need an
easier system. I'm pretty certain that large format and my present condition
are incompatible. To be able to tote an M6 with a 28mm lens on it is a good
compromise- I just wish they'd made a Rollei 35 with a 28mm lens. I do
sometimes use a very lightweight Gitzo tripod that is like a large stick
insect and is usable only in breeze-free conditions. The only cameras I've
got that I can use that give appreciably larger negs but don't take a lot of
fiddling around with are Rollei TLRs (the Rollei T is borderline heavy, but
very quick and easy to use and worth a bit of lugging) and a 6x9 Super
Ikonta. I've considered a Fuji GSW 6x9 RF but not tried one.

The body that works best for me with a 28 + 50 lens is anything that has the
28mm viewfinder frame in the body- I use an M6 and an M4-2 with M4-P frames.
I use a separate viewfinder for a 20mm Russar, occasionally, but I really
like the 28 frame to be built-in since I use the 28 a lot.

Joe Berenbaum