Subject: Re: M7????
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 09:37:12 -0700

On  7 Nov 97,  dannyg1@IDT.NET wrote:

<snip>

>The M6W (which they've reasonably explained would have too much lens
barrel viewfinder blockage) M6T or consumer version of the M6J
viewfindered M6, which they've said has been problematic (I remember
Roger writing something to this effect. Roger?)<

I have no authoritative info on this, Danny. I do remember, however,
saying that if an M6J was brought back into production, I'd buy one in
a flash. For some reason, it sticks in my mind that Pascal might have
been the writer about the various models in the rumor mill.

>For your consideration, Leica also denied any plan for an R8 right up
until the day the thing came out. They do seem a bit to comfortable
putting out white lies IMO.<

Absolutely! Our local dealer in Tucson became an authorized dealer
right about the time the R8 was being formally introduced. The existing
dealer in Tucson was doing nothing with the line and a bunch of us
encouraged this fellow to go for it. The rumors were hot and heavy at
that time with Leica denying all. This chap attended new dealer school
in Solms about two weeks before the announcement. Only there, did Leica
relent and tell the new dealers that it was imminent. So, we had a tiny
advance notice of the announcement from this returning dealer.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America