Subject: Roll Call
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 02:07:40 -0500 (EST)

Roll Call:

Peter H. Myers
"Pete"

San Mateo, CA
38 yrs old

Born: Peoria, IL
Grew Up in the Silicon Valley

12 years as a Bio-EE, EE consultant to NASA - started at age 16.

Invented the audio portion of Virtual Reality in 1985 (USP # 4817149). Won a
Joey Award for the technology in 1989.

Sole Profession since 1993: Fine Arts Photographer - Landscapes of the West

Best article on my work: Photo District News, November 1996 (pp 115-120)

Current Camera System: Leica R8 with 28mm f2.8 ROM

Favorite Film: Fuji Reala

My images are all in gray scale. I do all my post production work on the
computer in Photoshop. Currently, my images are output in monochrome on Bill
Nordstrom's LightJet 5000 with direct laser writing to the print (Laser
Light, 508-799-3996). The images match exactly how I composed them on the
screen.

I use the color images to provide me a "pin registered" image in three
spectrums, choosing components from each spectrum as needed to make up the
best final gray scale image. For example, dead wood looks best in the blue
spectrum, while clouds often look best in the red.

Extensive amounts of "hand work" are done on my images using an electronic
brush to provide the exact relationships of gradation for each part of the
image.

Hobbies: I am a licensed glider pilot, but inactive. Active in the
Experimental Aircraft Association. Exploring new Rotorcraft concepts.

Married to my dear wife, Kathy, for eight years - she is a computer data base
guru and a gifted horse trainer.

Biggest current challenge: finding a hot vacuum dry mount facility with a
highly skilled and very experienced conservator. The facility that I have
used for years in San Francisco, Faulkner's, has shut down its department.