Subject: Re: One day's work
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 00:11:54 -0500

Donal wrote:

<<< And you should've seen what Ted had to do.  They don't even make days
that long any more!!>>>>>

Donal, me old son,

It was easier then! :) We started like it was an office job, sure there
were some "emergency fire days" and nights, but on the whole as newspaper
photographers we started at 8 a.m. and usually were done our shift at 5 or
6.

The really long hours started when I became a freelance independent
businessman photographer!  I didn't know anything about business, so
ended-up working long hours trying to earn money taking pictures!  40 years
later I'm still working long hours and still broke trying to earn money
from taking pictures. Business part of this is a bummer! :)

But those 10-12 hour shooting days are positive things, they keep you in
shape, beats the hell out of exercising! :)

ted