Subject: RE:Tmax dilution times
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 8:54:58 -0500

From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:56:56 -0500
Subject: T-Max Developer

Henk wrote:

<<<the standard one of 1:4 allows more than one film by just extending
the time. I would prefer just to use the stuff once in order to have
always
the same circumstances.>>>>>>

Ted wrote:

<<<< use it at 1:4 and always throw it out immediately, one roll or a
dozen.
It maybe a bit expensive, but I always thought it was a "one time only"
developer.

Others may have better idea.

ted>>>>>

Kodak T-max films  publication F-32 gives the following processing
times for Tmax developer:
@75 degrees F  (24 C)
1:4  Tmax 100    6 1/2 min      Tmax 400    6 min
1:7           "               10 min	"           10 min
1:9           "	             14 min                 "            15 min

I use the 1:7 dilution because it allows me to develop both T-max 100
and T-max 400 in the same tank for the same time and 1:4 or 1:9 doesn't
allow that.  I develop for 11 minutes  (or 12 minutes depending on the
subject material) at 75 degrees but my darkroom tends to be at about 65
degrees most of the time so the tank cools down some and I don't really
vigorously agitate the tank.

Hope that helps

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio