Subject: Need Metz Flash Recommendation
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:52:09 -0500

Richard wrote:

<<<< I have read about the 32MZ, 40MZ and 50MZ series from Metz.  Can
anyone make a recommendation for a flash that is powerful, zoom head and
even perhaps with two flash tubes for fill in and bounce at the same
time?>>>>>

Hi Richard,

I use the metz 40MZ2 with the 3501 adapter which is mandatory, if you wish
to get the most out of the flash.  Leica recommend the SCA3501 be used in
the R8 manual.

I have know experience with the 50 MZ, I believe it to be a more powerful
flash.

<<< However, there is a sale on the SCA3000 adapters for the Metz flashes>>

That's OK providing you get the SCA3501 for free. Gon't bother with any
others..! The 3501 was designed for the R8 flash electronics, at least that
is my understanding.

The flash zoom aspect is only automatically controlled if you have ROM
lenses. Otherwise you just tweak it to the lens mounted.

<<<<and even perhaps with two flash tubes for fill in and bounce at the
same time?>>>>>>

The 40mz has a fill flash for straight forward when you do bounce and works
well.

ted