Subject: Re: Ted & Sniping and R8s!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:18:23 -0600

At 12:32 AM 11/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Eric wrote:

>Now the next thing you'll need for it is the all matt ground glass screen!
>100% better than the regular screen.=A0 That is unless you prefer the
>standard split image distracting centre circle thingie in the middle of the
>screen that isn't worth a damn anyway! And all in one breath!:)

I take it I can't change this myself. Too bad. I'm sure I'll get it
eventually, but right now I want it right in my hands for shooting. :-)

>Flash?=A0 I use the Metz 40 Mz2, but I understand there is a 50 Mz2,3? some

I figured Metz was going to be it. I assume Vivitar and Sunpak don't have
the right adapters for the R8 to get all it's flash functions. Oh well, I
like Metz, anyway, but I've already forked out enough money! :-)

Guess I'll use the company Lumedynes for a while and use the R8's built in
flash meter.

>I try to be serious, not often, I set the camera on "T" turn on the 3501
>adapter and cut the output to however I feel it should be balanced for best
>effect inrelation to the subject.

That's normally how I do fill flash with my current setup (which is selling
fast!). Glad the R8's fill flash is more flexible than the R7.=20

Thanks.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a=20
child.

Ron Wild