Subject: Re: Advice on 21 S/A
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 19:29:07 -0500 (EST)

Doc, You are a lucky man, getting a 21/3,4 S-A. I am a confirmed fan of that
lens and I use it mainly on an old M2 without the finder. If you take the
extreme edges of the finder in the M2 or M4 you are pretty close to 24 mm and
the rangefinder was never meant for tight framing anyway. I usually put some
black gaffer tape over the frame illuminating window of the camera to block
all frames, only the rangefinder patch remains. No confusion with lines and
just expect to get a little bit more than you see. The 21 S-A is razorsharp,
has a somewhat dramatic fall-off ( you never need to edgeburn a print) and
puts even the new 21/2,8 ASPH to shame, at least when you shoot black/white.
Good Luck and enjoy it.
 Tom A