Subject: Re: M6 malfunctions
From: Jack & Christine Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 20:24:11 -0600

CapsTeeth@aol.com wrote:

> I've read some posts on this group re: slow-speeds and the film counter
> malfunctioning on late-model M6's, but are there any other common problems
> that seem to plague this model?  Also, in reference to the above problems,
> has anyone had it/them happen again after being fixed?  I've been told by
> "reliable sources" that the M6 is more delicate and susceptible to
> problems--in particular those caused by vibration--than the older models;
> other "reliable sources" have said that this is simply not true.  Some input
> based on actual photographer use would be appreciated here.
> Thanks!
> Doc

I have and use both the new m-6 camera and a venerable double stroke m-3
that I acquired when I worked for the Milwaukee Journal in the early
1960's.

From an operational standpoint...and I still "pound" a couple hundred
rolls a month through both...

I cannot say that one is more durable than the other. They both have
run reliability circles around the Nikons and the Canons that I've
used/own.

They both do what I want and expect them to do...and isn't that the
whole point? I don't bench test them...or run over them...I do use them
both successfully, I hope, to make a living.

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA