Subject: Re: Airport Security?
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:58:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Kari asked:

<< But the other thing I was asking about is different from these
 bags. The little thing that I think Hama makes. It is about the size
 of a cigarette box. Hard plastic heavily lined leadbox for four
 35mm cartridges. I recall they claim it protects at least upto 3200
 ASA against any standard airport machine. But I don't know if this
 is really true and as said they weight a lot (for the size). Saw
 them in Zuerich last summer. Anyone using t >>

I have used a half dozen of these boxes over the last 11 years. They appear
to have worked with TMY and Tmax 3200 through a variety of German and US
airports, sometimes with repeated scans. Physically, they have held up
perfectly. I find them a handy and elegant solution for small amounts of
film, and use them for handy storage even on ground trips. They seal pretty
well, too, which allows one to safely dispose of the canisters ahead of time.

Will von Dauster