Subject: Re: Ricoh 28/2,8 LTM available ??
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 23:49:53 -0500 (EST)

 I have been using a Ricoh 28/2,8 in LTM mount with an adapter for several
month now. Very well built lens, the hood is machined from solid brass and
the black paint on my lens is applied over brass. Quality of the lens is up
there with the Leica's, smooth focussing and good optical performance. It is
not a 28/2,8 Elmarit, but it is no slouch and it is 1/2 the size and 1/2 the
price, and you can use it on a screwmount Leica too. Mine is a black version
with a matched finder, the finders bright line could be better but it is
usable as it is.
 From friends in Tokyo I know that the lens is available there for about Yen
98000, with finder in chrome and that the black version was another Yen
5-7000 more, The black version was a limited production ( either 500 or 1000
made), while the chrome version was(is) made in a larger quantity.The lens
has 2 Aspeherical elements and is a revised version of the lens developed for
the GR-1 Ricoh Point & Shoot camera.
 Tom A