Subject: Re: Boring Zeiss Stuff
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 18 Nov 97 10:47:00 GMT

Alf wrote:
>>Looking at my chromes, I estimate the CZJ 4/50 Flektogon's performance as
a kind of MF 2/35 non-asph Summicron results, best version :), with an
outstanding pleasant presentation of visual reality, incl. beautiful bokeh
or color management - but more sharp. Further, I've never seen another
lens which could compare to the sharpness of the CZJ 2.8/120 Biometar,
which's bokeh (unfortunately) compares to the one of the 1.4/35 asph.
Summilux.

I thought I might not be able to ask this question, but I've given up on my
steely resolve...
This word, 'bokeh' keeps on being used and I've never heard of it until this
user group.
Please can someone (Alf?) define this?

Jem K