Subject: Re: Ricoh 28 mm LTM Lens
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 18 Nov 97 11:10:00 GMT

The Avenon lenses are originated (I think) as Kobalux in Japan. Here in
Britain they are sold under the Pasoptik brand name.
I believe that Konica made/make their 35/2 lens (from the present Hexar) in
LTM though I've never seen pictorial proof. The 50/2.3 lens of theirs looks
v. similar to a collapsible Elmar.
I am not aware of current Russian lens production, if any, in LTM.
Jem K
 ----------

a German Camera dealer (Brenner, Weiden) offers two Japanese LTM Lenses,
an Avenon L 3,5/28, and an Avenon L 2,8/21. Viewfinders for 28 and 21
are optional, and a "M-Coupler" Ring for use with M-Leicas is also
available. The 21 mm viewfinder seems to be very huge. Maybe these
lenses are the same as offered under the Adorama label elsewhere?
Recently, I saw a Japanese 50 mm Lens for M-Leicas (I think Konica).
The Ricoh Lens reported here is already the fourth Non-Leitz Lens
for the Leica being in current production, to my knowledge.
Are there more? Can we make a list of currently produced non-Leitz
Lenses for Leica and post it here?
Seems that Marc's beautiful new book (which I bought last week)
covers just the first 70 years of a never ending story....

Gerd