Subject: Re: LED on R7
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:38:56 -0800

At 02:52 PM 11/21/97 PST, you wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>      I came up with another question on my R7.  What is he LED between the
>     +- and ISO button on the left side of the top plate?  For the other R
>     bodies, it is the battery check with the ISO button as switch.  I
>     looked up in the manual in vain.  It looks like the R7 has automatic
>     battery check which you can see in the finder.  Can anyone shed light
>     on this?
>
>     Regards,
>     David

Is blinks when you have the camera ISO set on DX, but the film is not DX
coded. Basically it's telling you that the electronic exposure system
cannot work because you haven't told it an ISO to work with. With no film
in your camera and the ISO set to DX, press the shutter release a little to
turn on the electronics. You will see the LED blink.

Jim