Subject: Different Leica stuff
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 12:53:40 +0100

Eric & 19 mm:
I've been looking for your 2.8/19 images/ scans, but somehow missed them.
I'm specially interested in your pix, because I know (and love) the 3.4/21.

Hans & Paris:
Soem weeks ago, someone suggested to consider the 1.4/35 asph M Summilux
wide open as alternative to the f 1 of the Noctilux. Evidently you had
some blurred experiences when you tried something similar with your new
2/35 asph ? You Paris pix are nice.

Alastair & bokeh:
In general, I found the same out-of-focus redition differences between
the 2/50 rigid M Summicron, the pre-current 1.4/50 M Summilux, and the first
2/50 SL Summicron also. Additionally, the 2/50 Summar is completely different.
Besides, you model has a lovely bokeh :)

Ferdinand & 2nd M body:
Beside loading 2 M bodies with different film types, there is another reasnable
criteium for the selection of a 2nd M body. You might as well mount your M6
with your most favorite lens (e.g. the 2/50). If you prefer the 90 mm as
your 2nd favorite, you might select a M3; if you prefer the 2/35 as your
2nd favorite lens, you might select a M4, M4-2, M4-P, or M2.

Fashion M Leica:
It's a little boring to write one-handed, since I broke my arm some
days ago. But, besides other side effects, you find out, that those
fashion M Leicas with inbuilt lightmeter are of no value: Just try
to adjust aperture of your M6 while you need the same hand to hold
the camera to your eye, specially when your left eye is dominant  ...

Don't touch the R Automatics, I wouldn't buy autofous stuff either.

Alf
PS: Give the Mac toys to the children, choose a Unix mashine.