Subject: plastic in M6?
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:01:47 +0100

>M3 is also my 2nd body.  Holding a M3 feels like holding a big chunk of
>steel.  M6 has too much plastic in it.  The good thing about M6 is its
>meter.  In a situation where light does not change much I would always use
>M3 than M6.
>

>>/Leslie

The weight of a M3 (body) is 595 grams, of a M4P: 545 grams and of an M6:
560 grams.There are indeed some small details in an M6 that are
non-metal.With the help of a skilled Leica-trained mechanic I dismatled a
M3 and a M6. Almost all parts are identical or very similar. You can also
use lighter weight metals with as much strength to replace heavier parts. I
also use an M6 and M3 in parallel. But changing from one to the other gives
me hardly any different feel.
Erwin