Subject: Re: Original BOKE
From: lhtseng@math.fcu.edu.tw (Li-Hsin Tseng)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 19:52:40 +0800 (CST)

> The term "boke(h)" is originally Japanese, meaning of
> The lens test of Japanese photographic magazines is done including
> valuation of "boke".
> There is no standard test of "boke", but ...
>
> SATOSHI OKA

Thank you (Satoshi Oka) very much for the information.

I read some Japanese monthly photo magazines frequently
(although my Japanese is very poor, more poor than my English :-)
I did find they explain the Bokeh very clearly (exactly as
Satoshi said) and each lens test did include some
experiments on the Bokeh.
Sometimes they have articles on comparing the Bokeh of
different lenses (sometimes including Leitz lenses).
I believe the Japanese are very good at the Bokeh issue and
also know the Leica very well--no wonder Japan has more Leicas
than anywhere.

Japanese are very good at collecting things.  For example,
in Japan there are many stores for wristwatches collection--
I believe Japan has more Rolex watches than anywhere.
Any Leica fans here collect watches?

Sincerely,
/Li-Hsin Tseng