Subject: Re: LED problems
From: Colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:33:00 -0600

Alexander en Katinka Koning wrote:

> Dear Luggers,
>
> I bought my beloved M6 in august 1996. Three weeks ago non of the LEDs
> in the finder was willing to glow anymore. The finder didn't show any
> difference when I pushed the release button. In a camerashop they
> measured the one and only battery in the camera. It turned out to be
> empty. OK, a bit soon but that might be possible after a year of taking
> about four films a month (?). The seller replaced the one battery for
> two new (smaller) batteries of the type: varta V13GA. The camera worked
> on these two batteries for only about three weeks, but now the LEDs
> don't respond anymore, again!
>
> Is this a well known problem with the electrical circuit or is it just
> me, having a weird problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Regards,
>
> Alexander Koning
> The Hague, NL

Alexander,

Do you set the shutter speed to 'B' when you put the camera in a bag?
That turns off the meter so it doesn't come on when the shutter button
is bumped in the bag.  The single CR 1/3 battery will last longer than
the V13GA's but either should last a pretty long time in the M6.

Hope this helps,

Colin