Subject: I bought the Used M2
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:39:34 -0800

>Please say it aint so.  You're not defecting the R camp for the masses in
>the M camp are you,  oh please please say it aint so!!!!!   ;) :) :)
>
>Harrison McClary

Over the years, I've had an M4-P and an M6 periodically available. I
thought at one time that I may either inherit or be able to buy these
cameras, but no.

So... Harrison, I bought the used M2. Stop that sobbing... think of this as
a infiltration, not a defection. So instead of mostly conjecture, I can
speak from experience. This way I can separate the facts from the BS. You
know they use "mushroom philosophy", keeping us in the dark and feeding us
BS. But now... I can catch them at their only game. Deception.

I called the M2 fellow and he said that there were no dents or dings on the
outside of the body. That the dimple on the pressure plate is truly on the
outside edge of the pressure plate itself, outside of where the film goes.

So... no dings or dents, no scratches, a few rubs, minor crack in the
vulcanite, bright clear rangefinder, lever rewind, CLA'ed last week (he's
sending the invoice), all shutter speeds work to spec, and including the
original instruction book, for $599 (he lowered the price.)  How could I go
wrong?

I'll use it awhile to make sure it functions properly. If I have any
questions or if any anomalies occur, it's off to Sherry for whatever is
required and a new pressure plate. I may do this even if it seems to work
properly.

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for M2 help.

Jim