Subject: Re: I bought the Used M2
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:15:07 -0800

At 09:12 PM 11/25/97 -0000, you wrote:
>>So... Harrison, I bought the used M2. Stop that sobbing... think of this as
>>a infiltration, not a defection. So instead of mostly conjecture, I can
>>speak from experience. This way I can separate the facts from the BS. You
>>know they use "mushroom philosophy", keeping us in the dark and feeding us
>>BS. But now... I can catch them at their only game. Deception.
>
>Jim,
>
>I hope you got the special BS decoder ring or else they will still
>befuddell you.  :)
>
>Harrison McClary

Harrison,

Yup... but I went through a whole case of Fruit Loops before I found the
correct decoder ring. Captain Midnight, Tom Mix, The Phantom, The Green
Hornet, all those old worthless decoders and then... the M-BS Decoder Ring.
The orchestra played, the fat lady sang, what a revelation.

I was almost ready. I only needed to hack the decoder ring's cipher key. I
assumed it was 56 bits, but as my Cray was crunching, it dawned on me that
it was only a two bit key. So I rummaged around in my coin purse and there
it was. A two-bit piece, 25 wonderful cents.

So I'm ready! M2, M-BS decoder ring, and the two-bit key. Bokeh here I come...

Jim