Subject: Re: Need a hand with R4 Motor Winder
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 16:48:55 -0800

At 01:47 PM 11/25/97, you wrote:

>[2] On a 20 or 24 exp roll, it stops when the film is at at end. It tries
>to pull the film out of the cannister, but cannot do so, and usually trips
>the circuit breaker to stop.  To re-set the breaker, simply remove the
>battery holder for a second, and slip it back in.  It resets everything
>automatically.
>
>David Young, Victoria, CANADA       | Out of my mind...

Everyone should know that there is a situation that requires a little more
than just removing the battery holder. I don't know what occurs, but, with
my R4sP's, occasionally everything would lock-up. Nothing would work.
Popping out and replacing the battery cartridge would usually fix hang-up
problems. But not this. You have to remove the whole winder from the bottom
of the camera (separating the contacts) and then simply replace it. When
you replace the winder, the camera will cycle, and everything is working
properly.

This is not common. It would happen to me about once a year. And I have no
clue what causes it. But the fix is simple and quick. Fifteen seconds.

Jim