Subject: Re: I bought the Used M2
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 21:15:48 -0500 (EST)

Jim, welcome to the M2 club. We are the retrogrades who insist on doing our
own mistakes when it cames to exposure, forgetting to reset the film counter
and crawling around on the floor looking for the take up spool. After years
of experience with these, I now look first under the most inaccesible piece
of rock or furniture for it. It will always roll there anyway. On one
occasion I dropped the spool in a muddy river and could not find it. The
solution was to tape the film to the shaft of the M2 and wind it on with
that. Later on I replaced the spool and residual glue from the tape forced me
to use a pair of pliers to remove the spool to reload!
 Have fun with the M2, it is one of the true classics of the Leica M ( start
looking for the 2nd body, maybe a M3 for the 50 and 90 set up).
 Tom A