Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "[LUG]" The latest in Slide Scanners
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:29:42 +0000

Patrick wrote:

>I like my Polaroid Sprintscan 35+ just fine.  It's 36 bits, 2700 dpi, and
>that means an 8x12 print is about 320 dpi.  One way to think about the
>resolution is this: if you're shooting fast B+W film, as I often do with a
>Leica M, you will find that you can see the grains on the film in the
>scanned image.  With slow film, of course, this isn't the case.

Sounds good to me, as I'm not impressed with the transparent media adaptor
on my Microtek flatbed for 35 mm, though it's fine for prints.

Patrick - does the Polaroid's software cope OK with the orange mask on 35mm
colour neg film, or do you have to go thru the tedious business of making
adjustments yourself?

TIA

Slan

Alex