Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron Type 2
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 07:24:31 -0500 (EST)

<< Like others on this forum, I also like the Type 2 50mm Summicron. I also
 have a number of shots of my daughter next to a X-mas tree. This is a lovely
 lens and I know what to expect from it, at least with Black and White. The
 newer, Type 3 Summicron is probably better with slide film.

                 Assuming the Type 2 you refer to is the 1969-1979 version,
it is an exemplary performer with transparency film.  I have it and a new 50
as well...truly unable to discern any difference in rendering.  Probably the
only difference is a little improvement in far-corner sharpness at f2-2.8.