Subject: Re: [Leica] Choice: 4th lens or 2nd body
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:28:19 -0500 (EST)

I personally feel uneasy with only one camera body, having nothing to do with
the number of lenses owned, rather I like to have a second (or 3rd or 4th)
body handy with different film loaded...kind of like having interchangeable
film backs.  Also, it's the only insurance against a malfunction of that
one-and-only body making you pack up and go home image-less.  If you really
want that 24 and a 2nd body perhaps you could find a homely-but-functional
pre-M6 model (the M4-2 and M4-P seem to be the "red-headed stepchildren" of
the family, and early M2's with outer wear are not too pricey either).  It's
easy enough to transfer meter readings from the M6...or carry a small
spotmeter like the Sekonic L-408.  With the 21 and 24 I find the M6's meter
coverage area a bit too wide for my taste.
Doc