Subject: [Leica] portraits out of focus
From: Howard Sanner <70357.3471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:50:23 -0500

   I recently took a portrait of my girlfriend with a 105mm Nikkor. (Pace. I
don't have a portrait lens for the M3 yet!) I inadvertently didn't get it
focused accurately, and the result is one of the most becoming pictures of
her I've ever seen! Talk about turning a bug into a feature!!! And yes, we
are both at that age where the ultimate in sharpness (and, in my case, the
ultimate in gray rendition <g>) is not a virtue.

   I plan to try the same experiment when I get a pre-War 90mm f/4 Elmar and
will report the results. (Two Leica references to one Nikon. That should keep
me safe. <g>)

                                          Howard Sanner
                                          70357.3471@compuserve.com