Subject: Re: [Leica] My cheap kit (I wish)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 14:59:08 -0500

At 01:23 PM 12/9/97 -0500, usinet.srlond wrote:
>Does anyone have an opinion about the last pre-aspherical 35mm Summilux
>as well?  I have read that the max aperture (1.4) is only for backup due
>to the presence of flare in adverse lighting conditions.  Is it usable?

I have shot with a 1.4/35 Summilux for some years and have had no problems
with flare, though other users have.  In any event, flare is only a problem
when there is a single large light source in the FOV, which, often, does
not happen.

Get an older Summilux and shoot away contented!  Nice lens and quite useable.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!