Subject: Re: [Leica] ???: M3D and David D. Duncan
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:12:17 -0500 (EST)

Talking about famous photographers and their cameras...
As a teenager I used to wander through Peerless and other famous
large camera shops in NYC, dreaming about the cameras I would
someday own. Standing by the used camera section at Peerless
I witnessed the salesperson showing a few old, black screw-mount
Leicas and lenses to a potential customer. I overheard the
cameras being described as "just traded in by the photographer,
Alfred Eisenstadt". The customer wasn't interested in them
because they looked well-used. I agreed with him, and walked to the
darkroom department to buy some D-76. Ed