Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:31:41 -0500 (EST)

Gary W would come to NYC on a visit and have lunch with
Bob Schwalberg and myself. I would pay. Being on an
expense account at Pop Photo made it possible. He
liked to have this terrific pea soup served up at our
local sandwich shop--nothing fancy, but very good. As
I would pay the bill he would go out the door Leica and
28mm lens, shooting, shooting, shooting. I did observe him
at times shooting without looking through the finder--
but not for all the shots. Maybe his teaching method
was to have the students only shoot with their eye glued
to the finder? Ed