Subject: Re: [Leica] Was: bitten SL. now TA's winder
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:02:45 -0500

Ken Lee wrote:

<<<When using the winder, do you advance with the left or right hand, and
which way do you pull?>>>>>

Ken,

I'll answer this but Tom or others will probably add a word.

You advance with the left hand fingers under the camera body. I found I
could advance using the middle, ring and little finger of the left hand and
you pull to the left on the advancing lever folded out. In this fashion it
allows you to still focus with the index and thumb while still maintaining
a positive support for the camera and winder.  Beautiful system and it
becomes second nature after a few rolls.

The camera then stays at your left eye all the time as you view, focus and
shoot much in the same manner as the good fortuned folks who use their
right eye and advance with the thumb of the right hand.

For these many long years of shooting and then move the camera from my eye
to advance and in that split second, I know I have missed "the moment!"

The winder has made shooting with the M6 a real pleasure, don't know that
my pictures are any better :), but the handling is now very much easier.
Also it seems there is a greater amount of concentration on the subject
because you never loose sight of it due to taking the camera away to
advance.

ted