Subject: Re: [Leica] Was: bitten SL. now TA's winder
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:16:50 EST

Ken, Well. Ted says it as well as I can say it. To use the Rapidwinder I curl
my left middle fingers around the advance lever. This gives good leverage as
well as creating a "cradle" in which the camera rests. Once you got the hang
of it you can shoot 2-3 frames a second without dropping the camera from your
eye.
 I have great difficulty describing how the Rapidwinder works, it is second
nature to me as I used the old M2 and MP with the Leicavit before I started
making my own. The few times I have used M's without the Rapidwinder on it, my
left hand flails uselessly under the camera while I am wondering why the film
is not advancing and the shutter is cocking. I have to admit that the winders
are a bit habit forming and once you get used to them they are difficult to be
without, this is not a sales argument, just a statement from user point of
view.
Tom A