Subject: [Leica] Telephoto Lens
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:07:43 -0500

Dale wrote:

<<<<If so then have any of you used other makes of lens, for example 300mm,
for your Leica Rangefinder Cameras?  >>>>>>

g'day Dale,

You can attach almost any focal length lens to any M6 or other rangefinder,
but it requires an adapting system for their use. "Visioflex housing" It is
clumsy in my humble opinion and you'd be better off buying an R8 or some
other R bady and away you go.

For some years before Leica developed the 280mm 2.8 lens I used a Nikkor
300 2.8 that was adapted by Leica in Toronto to fit my R SL cameras of the
day.

Worked very well until I purchased the 280 as soon as it arrived in Canada.

ted