Subject: [Leica] Camera Strap Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:07:31 -0800

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I have standardized my camera straps with the Domke 1/2 inch wide gripper
straps.  They seem to work well enough.  Sometimes I prefer to shoot
without a strap.  This Domke strap has clips that permit you to release the
majority of the strap so that you only have about 4 inches attached to each
camera lug.  If you clip these two ends together, it forms a small loop.
Not bad but not perfect either.

Does anyone know of a camera strap that comes off easiy, is reinstalled
easily and won't mark up the camera too much with its use?  Years ago I
used large metal O rings (from a key ring) to attach a camera strap.  It
worked well but scratched up the camera.  Putting a small circular piece of
leather behind the ring helped a bit.

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD