Subject: Re: [Leica] Telephoto Lens
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:26:13 -0900

>                              As a devout Leicaphile and also a nature
>photographer, my advice is, don't buy either of the above cameras for natur=
>photography unless by "nature" you mean to exclude wildlife.  For that, tak=
>full advantage of up-to-the-minute technology: motor-drives, TTL fill flash=
,
>and predictive autofocus (Canon EOS or Nikon F5).  These systems will also
>function well for landscape and macro work.  This is not to say that any of
>the above types of photography are impossible with an FM2 or a Leica-M, jus=
>ever so much more technically difficult.  For someone starting out, where
>composition should be the paramount issue, you would very likely find yours=
elf
>thoroughly bogged down in and discouraged by having to work around these
>technical dilemmas.
>
>Doc

I just came in from being just outside my office as the sun had popped out=
 from behind the clouds for our daily 5 minute (if we are lucky!) dosage of=
 sunlight. We are on pilings so just below was a nicely backlit in the H2O=
 sea otter busy chomping away which I shot with my Tele-Elmar M on M-6=
 loaded with veleeta  (a fake cheese sold in the US) (a joke, the camera is=
 loaded with Velvia). I guess I was not supposed to to do that! BTW being=
 very quite (M6) helps avoid spooking them, as soon as someone else came up=
 a spoke, the otter took a dive!
Tom