Subject: Re: [Leica] Wanted: Universal Camera Holder
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 10:00:21 -0600

At 09:50 AM 12/20/97 -0400, you wrote:

>1. I am looking for a Leitz Universal Camera Holder, #16799. A piece of
>casting with tripod screw which permits mounting Leitz (and other) SLRs on
>the Reprovit IIa. Mounts to the Reprovit IIa in stead of the Focoslide
>carriage for M-Leicas.If anybody has one for sale or knows, where to get
>one, I'd appreciate his advice.

My only question, and I'm not giving you a hard time, I really want to
know, is, why would you want to use an SLR on a Reprovit? They are such an
elegant solution with the M camera and focuslide. I've done copy work both
ways. With the standard Reprovit and using SLRs. I can't imagine owning a
Reprovit and not using it with the M.

Why would an SLR be a good choice, when copy stands without all the
paraphernalia or a Reprovit (which makes it so cool) would be a cheaper
alternative with and SLR?

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The young child is looking in the world to find himself -
reflected in a mirror with a thousand faces.

- -Maria Montessori