Subject: Re: [Leica] new M6 on the way
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 21:13:01 -0800

Luiz Otavio Marinho wrote:
<snip>
>  I saw a fax from Leica about the release of the new M6 without the frame
> for 28mm and the viewfinder mag. of 0.85 instead of the old, the new M6
> donīt has any difference of the old M6 except the price who is a little bit
> higher... It will be available on Jan/Feb 98.(only on Black chrome).
- --------------------------------
Page 58 of  "Leica M Photography" by Brian Bower, 1995:

      			THE M6-J
 This special model was produced in 1994 to celebrate forty years of
Leica M. Only 1640 were produced <snip>
Interestingly the higher magnification finder, with its greater
effective rangefinder base length, has aroused considerable interest as
it is much more convenient and accurate when using the 90mm and 135mm
lenses.  A significant number of leading photographers have asked Leica
to consider fitting this viewfinder system in a standard M6 body as a
regular alternative to the normal viewfinder.  Leica are said to be
seriously considering this possibility.
The rangefinder has a magnification of 0.85 x instead of 0.72 x .
Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $