Subject: Re: [Leica] new M6 on the way
From: Luiz Otavio Marinho <lmarinho@br2001.com.br>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 13:28:32 -0200

At 21:13 26/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Luiz Otavio Marinho wrote:
><snip>=20
>>  I saw a fax from Leica about the release of the new M6 without the frame
>> for 28mm and the viewfinder mag. of 0.85 instead of the old, the new M6
>> don=B4t has any difference of the old M6 except the price who is a little=
 bit
>> higher... It will be available on Jan/Feb 98.(only on Black chrome).
>--------------------------------
>Page 58 of  "Leica M Photography" by Brian Bower, 1995:
>
>      			THE M6-J
> This special model was produced in 1994 to celebrate forty years of
>Leica M. Only 1640 were produced <snip>=20
>Interestingly the higher magnification finder, with its greater
>effective rangefinder base length, has aroused considerable interest as
>it is much more convenient and accurate when using the 90mm and 135mm
>lenses.  A significant number of leading photographers have asked Leica
>to consider fitting this viewfinder system in a standard M6 body as a
>regular alternative to the normal viewfinder.  Leica are said to be
>seriously considering this possibility. =20
>-----------------------------------
>The rangefinder has a magnification of 0.85 x instead of 0.72 x .   =20
>Dale
>--=20
>$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $

 Thanks for the explanation but NOW is confirmed I saw the fax in my hands
when I was in the Leica Representative office here in S=E3o Paulo.
 And the viewfinder is not the same of the M6J...
 The M6 will still in production, this camera will be only a variation...
only in Black crome.
=20
 Regards,=20

 =20