Subject: [Leica] Question From an Amatuer
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 20:32:36 -0600

I'm not a pro but I've been a Leica user since the late '50's.  Everyone
here seems to be into high speed lenses and it seems a bit confusing to me.
I understand that the faster Nikon lenses are generally better than the
slower(cheaper) ones but I didn't think it worked that way with Leica.

I've used Kodachrome, KII, K25 and K200 almost exclusively over the years
and I very seldom shoot wide open.  It would seem to me that a Summicron at
f4.0 is every bit as good as a Summilux at f4.0.     Have things changed at
Leica so that the superfast lenses are better?  It wouldn't just be a macho
thing would it:-)?

Bud Cook