Subject: [Leica] Viewing slides
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 17:26:56 CST

LUGS,

Being strictly an amateur photographer, I guess the way I view slides is
very much different from the way the professionals must view them.  I
take them only for me and my family.  This means that mostly we view them
by projection.

However, before I retired I had my office full of color prints I had made
from my slides over the years.  After retirement (and to an extent
before) there is a limit as to how many 11 x 14 and 16 x 20 prints you
can hang.

I use  Leica Pradovit P2002 with both the Colorplan 90 CF and
SuperColorplan 90 FF lenses with a 60 x 60 (sometimes a 70 x 70) matt
screen.  This is very satisfactory.  The only problem I have is the
curved slides in the cardboard mounts - usually Kodachrome.  E6 is
flatter in plastic mounts.

I have some 10,000 slides from about 1942 (gave about 2500 to the kids).

Used to have  Hasselblad 2 1/4 projector - wow!  Trouble here was glass
mounting - cost about a buck or so a slide.

Dick Hemingway
Norman,. OK

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK