Subject: Re: [Leica] E6 @ home
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 19:04:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Alastair Firkin wrote:

> Ted you are making we feel very quaint. I buy in bulk and E6 process in
> a Jobo- I cannot think that I am such a rare bird. Anyone else?

When I do shoot chromes, I go the Jobo route myself.  I can't say that my
own processing is cheaper than a lab - I do so little that my chemistry
tends to go bad from age rather than exhaustion.  Rather, I find it easier
to go into the basement than make two trips to the lab, and the closest
lab uses a roller transport processor which, despite my pleas to clean the
damned thing, continued to scratch my film.  Incidentally, I've gone to
the rotary system entirely for film processing - b&w, E6, roll and sheet.
For a while, I tried fiber-base prints but found the method too
time-consuming.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart