Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 brochure
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 08:51:26 -0800

Max Lau wrote:

> Can someone fr. Leica comment on the amazingly sharp center-fold picture
> of an altar boy in some religious procession that appears in their R8
> product brochure? Was it really taken with 35mm equip.?

Max,

The shot was taken in Spain by Luis Casteneda of Miami with an R8 and
the new 70-180 f/2.8 zoom.  Handheld on Fuji provia, I believe,
processed on his Jobo.  He also shot the photo of tree in canyon (35-70
f/3.5) and the white houses in Portugal (70-180).   Luis is with The
Image Bank and has pix from about 70 countries.  He is also doing lots
of work with Hasselblad and has had images recently in their magazine.
He is a quality fanatic.  Seeing his stuff projected with Leica
projectors when he was here n San Diego was a mind blowing experience
about just what kind of quality is possible with 35mm.

donal

Donal Philby
San Diego
www.donalphilby.com