Subject: [Leica] nothing to do with Leica at all???
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:42:51 +0500

At 06:23 PM 98-01-07 -0500, you wrote:
>>That plug is not to be removed or the oil will drain out completely and the
>>advance mechanism will seize up.  Which is why the M6 was not designed in
>>England.  The English could not figure out how to make leak oil.
>>Sorry but aside of Leicas, I own a Triumph TR-6.
>

>And don't forget the Triumph Bonneville 650cc Motorcycle!
>
>Art

Hello Art,

	The only time that a Triumph does not leak oil was when there is no oil in
it.  It is also rumoured that Triumph sales staff always wore soft topped
shoes to catch the oil drips before they hit the showroom floor.  Also the
main motto regarding the Triumph Lucas electrical system was "don't go out
after dark"!!!  I can attest to all of this as I have owned three of them.

	All this aside, when we went overland from Kathmandu, to Lhasa, Everest
Base Camp and back to Kathmandu we took - two 1,000cc BMW's, one Honda
Trans Alp, one Kawasaki 250 and one 500cc Enfield Bullet.  The Enfield was
the only one that started trouble free every morning and usually on the
first kick.  There is something to be said for simple, mechanical
technology when you are far from home and the conditions are severe.

	To get this somewhat on topic - my M4-P performed flawlessly on this trip
and I have shots of all of the above motorcycles at Rongbuk Monastery and
at Everest Base Camp!!!!

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal