Subject: re: [Leica] CL & CLE Etiology
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:27:44 -0500 (EST)

But then, when it takes them 1-1/3 years to make an R8 winder work, and it
may take them 2+ years to make a motor drive work, I tend to suspect that
electronics is not Leica's strength. --Larry
Larry,

In this age of consultants, all Solms needs to do is hire the right one,
bring him to Solms, and work with him or her to produce the CL2. It will
work.

If you mean that production may be the bottleneck, that was often true of
Leitz as well. A true Leica is painstakingly made; and that would be
characteristic of the CL2 as well. So we'll wait a little longer. Certainly
the CL2 would have a lot of customers in line. It would be a high-demand
camera.

Bob