Subject: [Leica] 75-200 zoom
From: Johnsson Stefan <stefan.johnsson@km.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:33:08 +0100

Hello LUGers,

and thanks for the responses to my questions about the Leitz/Minolta
zoom lens. I was a little bit hasty when I wrote that it is the
1:4.5/80-200 lens I have seen. It is instead the 75-200 lens, but it is
also a Minolta construction which came after the 80-200 lens, and I
don't expect that their optical prestanda differs so much.

I didn't know that the new 1:4/80-200 is made by Kyocera, interesting.
Is it the same lens that is made for Zeiss? My brother in law just
ordered one for his Contax so it would be most interesting to test it,
and then decide whether to buy the Leica equivalent or not. I don't
think I will buy the Minolta construction unless the shop owner is
willing to sell it very cheap.

Thanks again,

/Stefan