Subject: Re: [Leica] Oil Leaks and British Machinery: OFF-TOPIC
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:02:02 -0500

MArc,
I've had several English machines. Among them, a Jaguar MkII sedan, a
Raleigh 3-speed bike, and a Triumph motorcycle. All leaked oil, or so I
thought. An English Lotus mechanic clued me in. TheBritish used to use fiber
(fibre?) washer that were prone to "wicking", not really leaking.
Of course, the marks on the driveway from "wicking" look just like oil
leaks, BUT there is a difference.   :)
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com