Subject: Re: [Leica] help pls - tech pan dev. advise?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 23:44:18 -0500

I have used a two part D-76 formula with some success in high contrast films
to keep from blocking highlights. Basically, all the components are mixed in
part A, except the Borax, which is mixed as Part B. One simply uses part A
for at least four minutes, and then part B for at least four minutes. I
understand that it was used by the military and others required to develope
film where the 68 degree darkroom was not possible! It always appeared that
Diafine was a similar idea. One variant uses the D-76 amount of Borax,
another uses a saturated solution; both seem to give the same results. Do
you suppose this might work with Tech-Pan? I have not personally used the
film, but if the grain is as fine as they say, I'll give it a try.
We have an X-rite 810 at work, so I can get a pretty accurate reading of the
film for fog, density variations, etc.
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com