Subject: [Leica] Oil Leaks and British Machinery: OFF-TOPIC
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 15:26:49 -0000

>BenTroGa wrote:
>
>> That Ducati, Italian, right?  True, it will never leak oil, but the
>>electrical
>> system will never function properly.  Buon giorno!
>> (Ever owned an Italian car?)
>
>And also Dave Richards said:
>
>> I saw today on TV where Raytheon and Jaguar have teamed up in the
>> production of a 'Jaguar Edition' corporate jet aircraft, at a mere $2.6
>> million per copy.  It is said to be the first bizjet designed to leave an
>> oil slick on the runway.

Well, my first car was a FIAT - total electrical disaster area!
I now drive a Jaguar and believe me it's far less leaky than my
brother's Triumph.  Maybe that's because Jaguar is now owned
by Ford...?

To bring this back on topic, I've now had my M6 and 35 Summicron
for two months and it's a joy to own and use.  I was always able to
see the difference between prints shot on medium format and 35mm
gear, even at small enlargements, but the prints from the Leica are
closer to the MF ones than 35mm in sharpness.  I'm now familiar
enough with the meter to risk a slide film, so I'm shooting Velvia in
it at the moment, and I'm looking forward to seeing those projected.
The M6 is a lot more sturdily built than the CL I was using before
and has a much better feel to it.  Anyone want to swap a CL body
for a nice user 90mm Summicron?  :-)

Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000