Subject: Re: [Leica] help pls - tech pan dev. advise?
From: Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 01:28:16 -0500

Dan Post wrote:

> I have used a two part D-76 formula with some success in high contrast films

In years past I used Diafine and various divided developers with TX400
with great success.  Since I am too lazy to do testing, I would like to
know what results were obtained with divided developers in T-grain
films.  With TX400 grain diminution was sacrificed for gradation.  I
also used "Dalzell-Stockler" and "Defarbler" with excellent
resules--mostly DeFarbler, which was designed by a columnist for Camera
35.  This developer did not require temperature use adjustment.....just
throw it on the film and wait for a couple of minutes. It was excellent
for contrasty situations, and when I was lazy and didn't want to compute
a time and temperature scheme.

Like a sheep, I have used TMax developer without question and I   have
not tested divided developers for film recently because the chemicals
have not been readily available.  If divided D-76 works like a charm I
woild like to hear about it.----Marshall